This page contains links to some of our favourite sites. blogs etc. It is updated regularly so keep watching this space!
Founded in March 2009 by Riese Bernard and Alexandra Vega and still run by a dedicated team of passionate weirdos, Autostraddle is an intelligent, hilarious & provocative voice and a progressively feminist online community for multiple generations of kickass lesbian, bisexual & otherwise inclined ladies (and their friends).
This is based on the #FEAS – Feminist Educators Against Sexism’s Cite Club and Sara Ahmed’s concept of citation as a kind of feminist history and activism. To quote Emily Gray (founder of Cite Club): “The first rule of Cite Club is that YOU DO talk about Cite Club”
So please share these works, cite your fellow cine-feministas, incorporate this research into your courses and where possible order books for the library.
The Ediths are a feminist interdisciplinary research collective based at Edith Cowan University in Western Australia. We use socially engaged creative methodologies to conduct ecologically responsive research.
Formally established in 2002 (though active from 1997 onwards), the association works to challenge and eradicate sexism and gender inequality within and through education.
GEA seeks to:
- Produce, promote and disseminate feminist and other critical scholarship on gender and education.
- Raise awareness about international, national and local policies and practices relating to gender and education.
- Inform and ‘educate’ policy makers by campaigning for educational change, lobbying for gender equality and responding to national and international issues.
- Create networks to encourage and generate the exchange of information and ideas between teachers, managers, academics and policy makers.
- Embed within teaching and learning practices a commitment to achieving gender equality.
- Update educators with the knowledge required to develop reflective and critical pedagogies that promote social justice.